Today, I am publishing a small guide written and intended to be used as a starting point for Load Balancing Microsoft Exchange 2013 via Citrix NetScaler 11 Build 64.34 and newer with the following expectations:
- Provide Load Balancing (LB) to all Exchange services.
- Provide ActiveSync Kerberos Constrained Delegation to function with iPhone, iPad (iOS Configuration Utility or AirWatch), Android (TouchDown Mail Client or AirWatch), or Windows Phone (AirWatch).
- Provide service monitors that are in line with Microsoft best practices.
- Provide all Exchange services via Content Switching Services (CSS) to only use one IP address.
- Utilize responder and rewrite policies and actions to automatically redirect unsecured and root URL connections.
- All communication from the client through to the Exchange 2013 servers will be secured.
I hope that this will be a help to the Citrix NetScaler community as a whole. Thanks go to Rafyel G. Brooks who published a guide back in 2014 on how to deploy ActiveSync with KCD. This guide resolves some issues with the configuration with the new NetScalers and expands on it to encompass the entire Exchange 2013 Load Balancing scenario.
Here It Is: NS11-Exchange2013-KCD-ActiveSync-Deployment